Find a pro in Canton, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Canton, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Canton, Georgia. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Canton, Georgia. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property right away.