Find a pro in Carnesville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Carnesville, Georgia
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Carnesville, Georgia, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Carnesville, Georgia. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home right away.