Find a Pro in Chamblee, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What services are within the scope of a residential painter?
Here are examples of what a professional painter can help with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to choose the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your hired professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and will take care of the prep stage before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painter preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they see things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be addressed before painting can start, of course. Your painter may then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Professional painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By employing a professional painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they can start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
The average painter's cost of services ranges from $22-$43 an hour, not counting taxes or product included.
Keep in mind that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter per hour. That's only for the service. Insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself is not reflected in that cost.
Is paying for interior painting a wise choice?
The short answer will be yes, and these are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Increase the Value of Your House: A great paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. It can also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your house in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement project with one of the best ROIs when factoring in the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. If you haven't painted your interior recently or have older colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you choose, a new paint color can help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted secures your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are made of materials which easily retain moisture. Over time, enough absorption can result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint enables you to seal out water from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Improve Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are produced with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great option for your property. A fresh application of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: All houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently obtain dents, dings, and marks from the use of your house over time. Getting your house's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What's the season of minimum demand for painters?
A major selling point about booking during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in busier seasons like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Reliable Home Painting Contractors in Near Chamblee, GA
When you're looking for a good house painter near Chamblee, GA, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart choice to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house works to enhance your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or make great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also features several practical advantages for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to secure the wood from a host of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that brings together all the important information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of reputable painters in Chamblee, GA and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly communicate with expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.