Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Cobb, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Is cabinet refinishing a wise investment for the look of my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to boost its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your daily life compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Cobb, GA have related spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
Are there some particular certifications or qualifications I should look for in a cabinet refinishing contractor?
Though there may not be industry-standard licenses designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will prominently display any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related field on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially for results that look like the style you're trying to achieve. Besides a picture gallery, most professional contractors can highlight their experience and reputation through online customer reviews.
A reliable professional should give a detailed written estimate of the job before it commences, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should have exceptional communication skills and a readiness to answer any questions and concerns regarding cost, time, and quality during the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask for warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How is cabinet refinishing done?
A contractor taking care of your cabinet refinishing job will adhere to an established process for efficiency and excellent results. There are usually many steps used to transform the style of existing cabinets, such as:
- Evaluation and Prepping: Cabinets should be first assessed to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If they are, all gear will be disassembled, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some small issues, such as cracks, dings, or other blemishes in the wood can be repaired or filled to better blend in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in thin, even coats to get the style you're looking for. The drying and curing phase is crucial to imparting a high-quality outcome, and may need several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After your paint or stain completely cures, all gear can be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the final results satisfies your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the full work area.
It's useful to note that every refinishing process can vary based on aspects such as the model of cabinets and the desired finish. Additionally, professionals may employ specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific aesthetic effects, which could require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to speak directly with anyone you employ to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
What kind of perks can I expect when choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a great practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and stress-free project to change their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you hire a qualified contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Employ a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Cobb, GA
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several people in Cobb, GA have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Cobb, GA with confidence.