Find a pro in Concord, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Concord, Georgia
If you need roofing maintenance services in Concord, Georgia, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.