Find a Pro in Conyers, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What services fall under the scope of a house painter?
Here are examples of what a professional painter will help with:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to find the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can rely on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will handle the prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they discover anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These issues must be addressed before painting can start, of course. Your painter could then recommend trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Experienced painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing an expert painter, you likely don't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the usual hourly charge for painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of services varies between $22 to $43 per hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Take into account that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter hourly. For that reason, that price does not include the cost of insurance, tax, tools, or the paint itself.
Is investing in interior painting a smart choice?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Increase the Appeal of Your House: A professional paint job will display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the highest returns when factoring in the impact on property value and buyer interest.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively affordable project to update your house, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you haven't painted your home recently and have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you select, a new paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted secures your house now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are made of materials which easily retain moisture. Eventually, enough absorption will result in compromised walls which can be risky to your home's structural integrity. Water behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint enables you to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your property. A fresh application of paint also limits dirt and other toxins to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: Most residences have flaws and imperfections. Walls often have scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your home over the years. Getting your house's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint put on by a professional painter will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What's the time of least demand for painters?
A major benefit about hiring within the winter season is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting contractors are more readily available.
Accordingly, they might be able to charge a lower rates than what they typically charge in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are booked around the clock for months on end.
Professional Home Painters in in Conyers, Georgia
When you're searching for a good house painter in Conyers, Georgia, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great choice to bring new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house can elevate your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also offers many practical advantages for its structural integrity. Paint works as a sealant to secure the wood from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your house inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a simple site that collects all the important information to let you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of vetted painters in Conyers, Georgia and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality services you deserve.