Find a pro in Dalton, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Dalton, Georgia. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Dalton, Georgia
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dalton, Georgia. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.