Find a Pro in Decatur, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the average expense for labor when painting the interior of a home?
The price to paint the inside of your house depends on the square footage of the space. One 300-square-foot space will be much more economical than the entire house, especially a big one.
You should expect to spend around $3 to $7 per square foot when contracting a nearby professional to paint the inside of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the space yourself or live in an area with low labor rates. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
How long is the right schedule for repainting the exterior of my house?
Chipped and cracked paint are some glaring things to watch out for; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause issues too. Exterior painting is a pretty big project, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
Since every home differs from one another, there is no set time to repaint, which makes this more difficult for people. Most professionals express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, depending on other variables like where you're located, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you might not know exactly the last time it was painted. It's always recommended to try to find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job can make a big difference. The type of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its durability. It may be useful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dried.
What all does a residential painter do?
Here is what a professional painter can help with:
- Select Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your vetted painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle the prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they discover things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be remediated before the project can begin, of course. Your service could then suggest other trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: The best painters are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a vetted painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much do painters generally charge by the hour?
The average painter's cost of services varies between $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Remember that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter per hour. For that reason, it does not reflect the addition of insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself.
Professional Home Painters in Near Decatur, Georgia
When you're searching for a dependable house painter near Decatur, Georgia, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that delivers a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted home can enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great recommendations about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also features many practical advantages for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect surfaces from a variety of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the worst culprits of structural decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your property inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that organizes all the important information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of vetted painters in Decatur, Georgia and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also allows you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.