Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Farmington, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of advantages can I expect when deciding to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a great practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other great advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively little work and money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple project to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality results when you hire a vetted contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what ways do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand which service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and offers a distinctive effect in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently should cabinets be refinished
One of the best things with wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as opposed to purchasing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Farmington, Georgia have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
Hire a Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Farmington, Georgia
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several people in Farmington, Georgia have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Farmington, Georgia with confidence.