Find a Pro in Forest Park, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How should you go about choosing the right exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that complements your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's fairly affordable to improve the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and experienced painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should consider when picking a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you choose should flow with the general design you're going for and the atmosphere you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish tones that have the tendency to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the rest, yellows and oranges are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more cozy and comfortable.
In what ways can hiring an exterior painting professional enhance your project?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a high-quality result than you could achieve by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and training to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up errors, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the project as adeptly as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you should a painter to carry it out. With their superior process and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
What steps are involved in preparing a property for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it is done with close attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, materials, and methods to conduct the project with excellent workmanship. First-rate workmanship starts with taking first steps that help the paint adhere and look great for many years. Get ready for an exterior painting project by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime gives you a clear area to work with, so using power washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work on a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a sleek varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint stay.
How costly is it to carry out an exterior painting project for a home?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level home can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements at all times. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can equal high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and give you an accurate estimate for the price you can expect to pay.
Search for Exterior House Painting Companies Near Forest Park, Georgia
Start looking for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and recruit companies in Forest Park, Georgia. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can find a professional with the skills and experience to provide excellent services. You can upgrade your property's design with a new pop of color that also provides a strong barrier preventing damage from moisture. By seeking out a painter to carry out the project, you're ensuring it will be of high-quality standards.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can quickly browse for professionals, take a look at ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can see other exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of what they can offer. Look through candidate profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you use our no-charge platform. It's systematic and simple to use for homeowners to select the best candidates for the project in their area. In addition, you can direct message contractors, request an estimate, and set up an appointment all on one platform.
Go over the project details with an exterior painting professional who can deliver useful tips and help you decide on an elegant color scheme. Painting can boost your property value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what a good color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local professionals ready to begin the project and carry out exceptional workmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by downloading our home management platform and reach out to an experienced professional to handle every step in the process with careful attention to detail.