Find a pro in Fort Benning, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Georgia // Fort Benning
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Fort Benning, GA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Fort Benning, GA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.