Find a pro in Homer, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Homer, GA. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Homer, GA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Homer, GA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Homer, GA. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home right away.