Find a Pro in Homer, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you select?
When you're deciding on a paint color scheme for your home, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's relatively affordable to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a knowledgeable and experienced painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when choosing a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should complement the overarching look you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to create. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are tasteful tones that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that stands out from the others, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Subdued, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
What benefits come with the choice to hire a professional contractor for exterior painting?
Recruiting an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will normally give you a high-quality result than you could bring about on your own. DIY projects rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and experience to perform the project to industry standards. Instead of attempting to fix mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painting contractor to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From power washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you should hire a painter to execute it. With their superior practices and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or providing less-than-optimal results.
How do you get a home ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers outstanding results when it is done with close attention to detail and adhering to high-quality standards. Professional painters are equipped with the skills, tools, and methods to do the project with exceptional craftsmanship. Remarkable craftsmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to stick and look great for many years. These are some of the steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime offers you a clean area to start working on, so using power washing tools is an effective way to wash it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair flaws on exterior siding so that you can work with a flat finish.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a smooth varnish.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to allow the paint to stick.
How much does it cost to paint a home's exterior?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a worthwhile project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can add to the overall price is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can equate to high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can assess the project and provide you with a free, upfront estimate for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services Near Homer, GA
Start browsing for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Homer, GA. If your home needs some new paint, you can hire a contractor with the qualifications and experience to deliver outstanding services. You can update your home's design with new paint that offers a durable barrier preventing damage from the elements at the same time. By recruiting a painter to handle the project, you're ensuring it will meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management platform, you can swiftly search for contractors, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can take a look at previous exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of their degree of expertise. Browsing through professional profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our no-cost app. It's streamlined and easy to use for homeowners to find the best candidates for the project in their area. You can also send direct messages, receive a quote, and book a consultation all in one app.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can deliver beneficial recommendations and help you brainstorm a beautiful color scheme. Painting can increase your home value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what a good color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from several local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and carry out exceptional workmanship. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our app and contacting an experienced painter to take care of every step in the process with the utmost attention to detail.