Find a Pro in Jasper, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What array of services does a house painter perform?
Some of the services a professional painter typically conducts include:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to find the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and will handle this prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your home painting service preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they see things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces must be addressed before painting can start, of course. Your professional might then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Most painters are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing a professional painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the common rate per hour for most painters?
Typically, a painter's price on labor varies between $22 to $43 per hour, and that doesn't include materials or tax.
Take into account that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter hourly. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that price.
Can interior painting provide a worthwhile return on investment?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Appeal of Your House: A good paint job will display to potential buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not planning on selling your home in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement project with one of the best returns when factoring in the effect on home value and appeal.
- Enhance Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively low-cost project to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. If you have not painted your house in the past few years or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which color scheme you pick, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted protects your property now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of materials that naturally absorb moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will result in compromised walls which can be dangerous to your property's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health concerns. Paint works to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your home.
- Enhance Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints these days are manufactured with low or zero VOCs. In case you or your family suffer from allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect choice for your household. A new application of paint also limits dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: Most houses harbor flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently obtain dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over time. Getting your home's interior painted eliminates those cosmetic issues and will make your home look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your home.
What's the time of least business for painters?
A major benefit to hiring within the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so professional painters have the availability.
For that reason, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally do in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Hire a Qualified Residential Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Jasper, Georgia
When you're looking for a dependable house painter near Jasper, Georgia, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is a smart way to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home works to enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to life or offer great recommendations about various paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also gives several useful advantages for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a host of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your residence inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple site that compiles all the important information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of vetted painters in Jasper, Georgia and nearby areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality services you need.