Find a pro in Jersey, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Jersey, GA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Jersey, GA. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.