Find a pro in Jesup, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Jesup, GA
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Jesup, GA, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Jesup, GA. Find the right contractor for your property right away.