Find a pro in Kennesaw, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Kennesaw, Georgia
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Kennesaw, Georgia. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.