Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Knoxville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Georgia // Knoxville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some positives of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a great practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple way to change their style versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional results when you hire a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets appear as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are distinct differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the existing doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and gives a distinctive result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many years can refinished cabinets survive
One of the best benefits with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to installing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce waste by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets could already work well with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Knoxville, GA have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
One Place With All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Knoxville, GA Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several people in Knoxville, GA have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Knoxville, GA with confidence.