Find a Pro in Lakeland, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the usual labor price to paint the rooms of a home?
The price to paint the interior of your home is dependant on the dimensions of the room. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than the entire house, especially a larger home.
You can expect to pay around $3 and $7 per square foot when contracting a local painter to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the house on your own or reside in a location with low labor costs. However, certain factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accents.
What is the ideal interval for repainting the outside of my home?
There are a few obvious things to look out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can create issues too. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive project, so it's always a good idea to book professional painters.
What makes this hard for people is there is no set timeframe to repaint, because every house is different. Most professionals express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you may be uncertain about when its most recent paint job was done. It's a good idea to try and find out, because having detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The variety of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its longevity. It may be useful to know the time of year in which it was painted, because whether the house was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can change how well the paint dries.
What are the duties of a residential painter?
Here are examples of what an expert painter will help with:
- Choose Colors: When struggling to select the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle the prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they see anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces must be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional may then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: The best painting contractors are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring a professional painter, you likely won't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the usual per hour rate charged by painters?
The average painting contractor's price on services varies between $22 to $43 per hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Keep in mind that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter per hour. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not added in that price.
Experienced Home Painters Serving in Lakeland, GA
When you want a dependable residential painter in Lakeland, GA, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted home can elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or offer excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also brings plenty of practical advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a sealant to secure the wood from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst culprits of home decay, but the sealing function of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional handiwork will refresh the appearance of your property inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly tool that compiles all the important information to help you find the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in Lakeland, GA and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who will deliver the quality services you need.