Find a Pro in Lawrenceville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Georgia // Lawrenceville
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the services I should expect my professional painting contractor to give?
A few of the functions a vetted painter typically performs include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to select the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. Services like this will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your vetted expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter knows this and will take care of the prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Damages: As your home painter preps for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your service could then recommend dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Experienced painters are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring an expert painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, assessed for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the common rate per hour for most painters?
Normally, a painter's price on labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, without tax or overhead included.
Remember that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. For that reason, it does not reflect the addition of insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself.
Is investing in interior painting a worthwhile idea?
The short answer is yes, and these are other valuable benefits gained from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Residence: A professional paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not contemplating listing your home in the foreseeable future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. You will be making an investment in your residence that really pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is an economical way to update your home, it can be one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your house recently or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Also, growing numbers of people are working from home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you pick, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted protects your home now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are constructed of materials which easily retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health risks. Paint works to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints these days are produced with low or zero volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing problems, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the perfect choice for your home. A fresh application of paint also limits dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Fantastic: All houses harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and markings from wear and tear to your home over the years. Having your house's interior painted hides all cosmetic issues and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint put on by a vetted painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary aesthetic.
During which season of the year are painters typically less busy?
One of the biggest advantages about hiring within the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps people from doing projects, so painters have the availability.
Accordingly, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically do in peak seasons like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Expert Home Painting Contractors Serving Near Lawrenceville, Georgia
When you want a dependable residential painter in Lawrenceville, Georgia, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house can elevate your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent recommendations about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also provides several useful benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a sealant to secure surfaces from a variety of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading culprits of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your property inside and out, notably raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that collects all the important information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in Lawrenceville, Georgia and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for the contractor who can deliver the quality and value you need.