Find a Pro in Lexington, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the average hourly cost for painters?
Typically, a painter's price on labor ranges from $22-$43 an hour, and that excludes taxes or overhead.
Remember that this average is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor hourly. Insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself is not added in that cost.
Does interior painting give a good return on investment?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Raise the Appeal of Your Residence: A great paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your residence. Interior painting will also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about selling your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting is a home improvement investment with one of the best ROIs when considering the impact on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical way to update your house, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you haven't painted your house in the past few years or have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, growing numbers of people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the colors in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on what option you go with, the right paint color will affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Safeguard From Damage to Your Home: Having your interior painted safeguards your residence now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are made of components that easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much accumulation of moisture will lead to degraded walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Moisture within walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health risks. Paint is designed to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your residence.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Residence: Paints currently are made with low or zero VOCs. If you or your loved ones suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and the ideal choice for your household. A new coat of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your Interior Look Amazing: Most houses have flaws and imperfections. Walls often have dents, dings, and markings from the use of your residence over the years. Having your home's interior painted covers those cosmetic issues and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A new coat of paint put on by an expert painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
When will painters see the slowest business season?
A major benefit to booking within the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing projects, so painters are more readily available.
For that reason, they might be able to charge a lower price than what they typically charge in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
How much can I expect to pay in labor costs for painting the inside of a residence?
The cost to paint the inside of your residence depends on the square footage of the space. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more low-cost than the entire house, especially a larger one.
On average, expect to spend between $3 and $7 per square foot when hiring a nearby painter to paint the inside of your residence. You'll spend less if you paint the interior on your own or reside in an area with low labor rates. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
Professional Home Painters Near Near Lexington, GA
When you want a good house painter in Lexington, GA, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the right contractor who meets your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that delivers a good ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home works to boost your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent recommendations about various paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors will even impart a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also supplies several useful benefits for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of issues resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a good paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your residence inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use site that organizes all the important information to let you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of reputable painters in Lexington, GA and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also allows you to directly communicate with professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you deserve.