Find a Cabinet Painter in Lizella, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Georgia // Lizella
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Am I restricted to the type of paint I can put on my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint generally used for home walls will face some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them that elegant aesthetic. Typical wall paints may not adhere adequately to cabinets or start chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint contractors utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor do for my project?
Vetting cabinet painters to discover the perfect one for your specifications and style takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to focus on is by understanding precisely what look you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their previous work matching your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Dependable contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget in mind when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate largely. Check that any contractor you hire gives documentation of all equipment and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you need is for any surprises to pop up after the project commences that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by evaluating their online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from past customers available online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Can I just paint over my present cabinets?
It's always enticing to immediately start painting and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt or grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and their gear, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach any nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than expected.
What things are considered when it comes to the price of painting cabinets?
There are many things that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Lizella, Georgia, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters may charge you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your painter will need to recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project finished.
You'll need to talk about your home's specific cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Find a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Lizella, Georgia to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
A smart way to increase the appeal of your property and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-efficient option over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and provide an updated look that will match your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Lizella, Georgia varies, but some homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors such as the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the environment when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your current cabinets could be in fair enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the perfect cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be happy to show you a history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all the information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Lizella, Georgia easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.