Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Matthews, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are a few perks to cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a great practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and stress-free way to change their look versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the trouble of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Where do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are considerable differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and imparts a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently should cabinets be refinished
One of the best advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be done again depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to buying them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to boost your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal disruption to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Matthews, Georgia have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
One Place With All The Information You Need To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher Near Matthews, Georgia With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Matthews, Georgia have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Matthews, Georgia confidently.