Find a Cabinet Painter in Maxeys, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any distinction between cabinet paint and wall paint?
A frequently asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used for walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will face many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them that elegant look. Typical wall paints will not adhere properly to cabinets or start chipping or flaking off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals choose for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
Is it simple to find an experienced cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the best one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of work. The best place to start is by understanding exactly what look you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their prior work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Make sure that any professional you hire gives written statements of all material and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. What you don't want is for any surprises to occur once the project begins that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by checking any online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from past clients available online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and within budget.
Can I simply paint over my home's cabinets?
It's always tempting to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt or grime are fully removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also the right time to take apart the cabinets and its components, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to any places that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What factors are considered when it comes to the price of painting cabinets?
There are many factors that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Maxeys, GA, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters might charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll want to discuss your home's unique cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Maxeys, GA Who Will Bring Your Vision to Life
An exceptional way to enhance the value of your property and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and provide a new look that will suit your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter near Maxeys, GA varies, but many customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors like the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the environment when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods with wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your current cabinets may be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
While searching for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be willing to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all the information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Maxeys, GA easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.