Find a Pro in McDonough, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much should I expect to pay in labor costs for painting the interior of a home?
The price to paint the inside of your home depends on the overall size of the room. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than an entire residence, especially a spacious home.
On average, expect to spend between $3 and $7 per square foot when contracting a local professional to paint the inside of your home. You'll spend less if you paint the interior yourself or live in an area with low labor costs. However, certain factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or higher if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
How often should I paint the outside of my home?
Cracked and chipped paint are some obvious things to keep an eye on; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems as well. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive project, so it's always a good idea to book expert painters.
What can make this difficult is there is no set timeframe for a new coat, because every home is different. A lot of professionals express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables like where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's always recommended to try to find out, because possessing detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The type of paint used, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its longevity. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether your residence was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can change how well the paint dried.
What kind of services does a house painter carry out?
Here is what an expert painter can help with:
- Advise the Best Colors: In case you're struggling to identify the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and can handle this prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they discover things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be remediated before the project can begin, of course. Your professional might then direct you towards dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Most painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring an expert painter, you likely won't need to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much will painting contractors typically charge per hour?
The average painter's cost of labor varies from $22-$43 an hour, without tax or overhead included.
Remember that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay an expert painter hourly. Insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that price.
Hire a Professional House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in McDonough, GA
When you're looking for a reliable residential painter in McDonough, GA, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a smart option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home can improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make great suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your home also offers several useful benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure surfaces from a variety of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will refresh the appearance of your house inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient platform that compiles all the necessary information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of vetted painters in McDonough, GA and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also permits you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your hunt for the pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.