Find a Cabinet Painter in Newborn, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Georgia // Newborn
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any difference between cabinet paint and wall paint?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their modern aesthetic. Typical wall paints might not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint professionals choose for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those generally used on walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my job?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to start is by knowing precisely what aesthetic you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view a sample of their past work matching what you're looking for beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Reliable contractors will be more than happy to accommodate this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget worked out when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Check that any painter you consider gives written statements of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project commences that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reliability by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers available online, and these can be a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and within budget.
Do I have to prime cabinets cabinets before painting?
It's always tempting to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming project when doing it alone, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt or grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to take apart the cabinets and their components, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to any places that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in many cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
How much will it cost to paint my present cabinets?
There are several factors that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Newborn, Georgia, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your painter will have to recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job finished.
You'll want to talk about your home's particular cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Beautify Your Kitchen for Less With a Dependable Cabinet Painter Near Newborn, Georgia
A quick way to enhance the value of your home and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a more affordable choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and provide a new look that will match your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter around Newborn, Georgia fluctuates, but some homeowners still report spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors such as the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your present cabinets might be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While searching for the best cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable painter will be happy to show you a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Locate all the information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Newborn, Georgia easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.