Find a pro in Ochlocknee, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Ochlocknee, GA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Ochlocknee, GA, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.