Find a pro in Palmetto, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Palmetto, GA. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Georgia // Palmetto
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Palmetto, GA
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Palmetto, GA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.