Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Pine Lake, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
In what ways will cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a great practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other excellent benefits of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the style of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work and money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple way to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent outcomes when you allow a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Is there a distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and offers a certain result in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the best advantages with wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the strength of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the process must be done again depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to limit landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your home compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Pine Lake, Georgia have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Hire The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Pine Lake, Georgia
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many homeowners in Pine Lake, Georgia have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is much less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Pine Lake, Georgia with confidence.