Find a pro in Register, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Register, Georgia
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Register, Georgia. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.