Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Riverdale, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets rather than buy new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that plenty of people discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the look of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and hassle-free project to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the hassle of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get high-quality outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets look as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the differences between cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and professional contractors will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is the process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features a unique approach and offers a certain effect in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently will cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the project must be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a wise investment for the look of my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Riverdale, Georgia have detailed paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to discover if this project is best for you.
One Platform With All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Riverdale, Georgia Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many people in Riverdale, Georgia have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Riverdale, Georgia confidently.