Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Smyrna, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How often will cabinets need to be refinished
One of the best benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished several times to make the product appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the quality of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the project must be done again depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
Are refinished cabinets worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already fit in well with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Smyrna, Georgia have detailed spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is right for you.
What certifications or licenses will a cabinet refinishing professional likely have?
Though there may not be industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are important qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will mention any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack page.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for results that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and reliability with online customer feedback.
A reliable professional can provide a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to have adequate communication skills and a readiness to answer any questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How will professionals carry out cabinet refinishing?
An expert working on your cabinet refinishing task will follow an established process for speed and proven results. There are generally numerous steps taken to transform the look of existing cabinets, including:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets should be first assessed to make sure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If so, all gear will be taken off, including handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces need to be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some minor issues, like cracks, dings, and other imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in careful, even coats to accomplish the style you're looking for. The drying and curing stage is crucial to ensuring a high-quality result, and could require a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain completely cures, all hardware will be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will ensure the finished results satisfies your expectations, which includes a last cleanup of the full work area.
It's useful to note that any refinishing process will vary depending on factors like the kind of cabinets and the desired finish. Also, contractors may perform detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific stylistic results, which could require a longer amount of time. Make sure to communicate directly with anyone you employ to guarantee they can bring your vision to life.
Employ The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Smyrna, Georgia
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several people in Smyrna, Georgia have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When searching for a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Smyrna, Georgia with confidence.