Find a pro in Sparta, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Sparta, GA. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Sparta, GA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Sparta, GA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.