Find a pro in Springfield, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Springfield, GA
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Springfield, GA, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.