Find a Pro in Thomasville, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors should influence your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home, choosing an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the best choice. It's relatively affordable to enhance how your home looks with help from a knowledgeable and experienced painting contractor. These are some of the considerations you should make when selecting a color pattern for your exterior painting project:
- Color scheme: The colors you pick should flow with the general aesthetic you're going for and the mood you want to form. Make the place your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends considerable time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish tones that have the ability to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that stands out from the others, yellows and oranges are bold enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more cozy and content.
How can recruiting an exterior painting professional improve your project?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will typically provide you with a better result than you could attain on your own. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and skills to carry out the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time covering up flaws, homeowners can seek an exterior painting professional to carry out the job as skillfully as possible. The knowledge they've gained from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you should a painter to carry it out. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or delivering less-than-satisfactory results.
How do you get a home ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides outstanding results when it is carried out with careful attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the training, materials, and techniques to conduct the job with excellent workmanship. Remarkable workmanship begins with taking preliminary steps that let the paint stay and look beautiful for a long time. These are certain steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting job:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a clean area to start working on, so using pressure washing tools is an effective way to wash it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work with a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it for a smooth result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint stay.
What is the normal budget for painting a home's exterior?
The price of exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a worthwhile home improvement for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements all year round. Another factor that can contribute to the overall cost is how experienced your painter is because it can equal high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can assess the project and provide you with a free estimate for the expenses you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Streamlined Way to Find Exterior Painting Companies Near Thomasville, GA
Begin browsing for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Thomasville, GA. If your home needs a new coat of paint, you can hire a professional with the skills and knowledge to provide outstanding services. You can update your home's aesthetic with a fresh pop of color that offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from the elements simultaneously. By seeking out a professional to take care of the job, you're ensuring it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can swiftly browse for painters, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting projects to gain a solid idea of their degree of expertise. Browsing through professional profiles and narrowing down your search is more efficient when you use our free platform. It's convenient and easy to use for homeowners to find the best contractor for the job in their area. You can even send direct messages, receive a quote, and schedule a consultation all on one platform.
Go over the details of the project with an exterior painter who can deliver helpful recommendations and help you decide on an attractive color scheme. Having a newly painted house can raise your property value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's incredible what a good color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from many local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and deliver outstanding craftsmanship. Get an excellent finished product by downloading our app and contacting an experienced professional to take care of the entire process with careful attention to detail.