Find a pro in Tunnel Hill, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Tunnel Hill, Georgia. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Tunnel Hill, Georgia
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Tunnel Hill, Georgia. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.