Find a pro in West Point, Georgia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in West Point, Georgia
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in West Point, Georgia, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.