Find a pro in Aiea, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Aiea, Hawaii
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Aiea, Hawaii. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.