Find a Cabinet Painter in Hawi, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Hawaii // Hawi
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be restricted by the type of paint I can use for my cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for home walls will face many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them that modern aesthetic. Typical wall paints will not adhere adequately to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended drying and curing times than those generally used on walls.
How do I find a painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painters to uncover the best one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of effort. A good place to start is by understanding precisely what aesthetic you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their past work matching what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Reliable contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Ensure that any painter you consider gives documentation of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project has started that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by assessing any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is the difficult prep phase a necessity before painting all cabinets?
It's may be tempting to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming project when attempting it on your own, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are fully cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and their hardware, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to any edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
Will it be expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many things that play into the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Hawi, Hawaii, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters could bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The painter will need to recoup the cost of materials unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project performed.
You'll want to talk about your home's unique cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Update Your Cabinets for Less With a Reliable Cabinet Painter Near Hawi, Hawaii
A quick way to enhance the appeal of your house and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and give them a new look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Hawi, Hawaii fluctuates, but many homeowners have reported spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors like the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your present cabinets may be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the right cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and specifications, you should analyze their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be willing to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is finished. Find all important information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Hawi, Hawaii easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.