Find a pro in Kalaheo, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Kalaheo, HI
If you need roofing maintenance services in Kalaheo, HI, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.