Find a pro in Kula, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Kula, HI
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Kula, HI. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.