Find a pro in Waipahu, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Waipahu, Hawaii
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Waipahu, Hawaii. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.