Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Alleman, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets rather than buy new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a great way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free project to refresh their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional outcomes when you allow a vetted contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the distinctions of cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and handymen will need to know what service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the current doors and drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features a unique approach and gives a distinctive effect in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often do I need to refinish cabinets
One of the great benefits about wood is that it can be refinished many times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be followed up is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When can cabinet refinishing be the best choice for my space?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to boost its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Alleman, IA have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
Employ The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Alleman, IA
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and many homeowners in Alleman, IA have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Alleman, IA confidently.