Find a Pro in Ames, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are essential when picking the exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home, selecting an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the perfect choice. It's relatively affordable to enhance how your home looks with assistance from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when selecting a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you select should complement the overall design you're aiming for and the mood you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend substantial time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish tones that have the tendency to give you a contented feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that stands out from the others, oranges and yellows are bold enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more pleasant and comfortable.
Why might it be beneficial to hire the skills of an exterior painting contractor?
Hiring an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will typically offer you a better outcome than you could bring about on your own. DIY projects don't always go as you hope unless you have the materials and training to carry out the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up flaws, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to carry out the job as efficiently as possible. The training they've gained from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the level of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you should hire a painter to carry it out. With their high-quality process and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting task?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it is carried out with careful attention to detail and sticking to top standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the training, materials, and techniques to do the job with outstanding craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship begins with taking first steps that allow the paint to stick and look great for a long time. These are certain steps you should take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Power wash: Removing dirt and grime gives you a clean area to work with, so using power washing tools is a great way to wash it off.
- Sand away loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked parts that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Surface repair compounds can fix flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work with a clean surface.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a streamlined result.
- Utilize drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stick.
What is the price related to painting the exterior of a residential property?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements at all times. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can equate to high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can discuss the project and provide you with a free, upfront quote for the price you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Companies in Ames, Iowa
Begin looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Ames, Iowa. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can hire a professional with the training and experience to provide high-quality services. You can improve your home's curb appeal with a new pop of color that also offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture. By seeking out a contractor to take care of the job, you're ensuring it will meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management app, you can efficiently search for contractors, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can see other exterior painting projects to get a solid idea of their level of expertise. Search through contractor profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you use our no-cost app. It's convenient and simple to use for homeowners to pick the best candidates for the job near them. In addition, you can direct message professional painters, request a quote, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Go over the project details with an exterior painter who can offer you helpful suggestions and help you come up with an attractive color arrangement. Painting projects can increase your home value and overall make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a place. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from a number of local contractors prepared to begin the project and carry out excellent craftsmanship. Get exceptional results by downloading our home management platform and reach out to a knowledgeable professional to handle every step in the process with careful attention to detail.