Find a Pro in Ames, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some benefits of updating my residence through interior painting?
Almost always the answer will be yes, and there are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your Home: A professional paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It can also help sell a house that's on the market sooner, even over listing price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painting contractor can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest ROIs when factoring in the impact on property value and appeal.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is an economical project to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. Assuming you have not painted your house recently and have older colors that you either don't like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many residents are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on which option you choose, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted strengthens your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are made of components which easily absorb moisture. Eventually, too much absorption can lead to degraded walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Water behind walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health issues. Paint enables you to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints these days are produced with low or zero VOCs. If you or your family suffer from allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the best choice for your home. A new coat of paint also limits dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your home's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Amazing: All residences contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often have dents, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your house over the years. Having your home's interior painted hides all imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint put on by an expert contractor will also update your home with a contemporary look.
What is the slowest season of year for painting contractors?
A major selling point to booking during the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from wanting to do home improvement projects, so painting contractors have more open spots in their schedules.
For that reason, it's possible they'll charge a lower price than what they typically charge in busier times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painting contractors are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
How frequently should I consider repainting my house's exterior?
There are some glaring signs to keep an eye out for, such as cracking and chipping paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause issues as well. Painting an exterior is a pretty big job, so it's always a good idea to book painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set deadline for a new coat, since every home is different. Most professionals express that repainting will need to be done every five to ten years, depending on other variables such as where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
Having recently become a homeowner, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try and find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The kind of paint utilized, the quality of paint, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its lifespan. It's also helpful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether the residence was painted on a sunny or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What services fall under the domain of a house painter?
Examples of the tasks an expert painter generally performs include:
- Pick Colors: If you're struggling to choose the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your certified expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of this prep stage before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your residential painting service preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they notice things such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These damages need to be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional may then recommend trustworthy contractors to perform these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: Expert painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When enlisting an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Find an Experienced House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Ames, IA
When you're searching for a dependable house painter near Ames, IA, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart option to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home works to improve your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to perform this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer great recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also features many practical benefits for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a range of problems caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert work will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that collects all the important information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of reputable painters in Ames, IA and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also allows you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.