Find a Cabinet Painter in Bellevue, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Iowa // Bellevue
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to update the look of my cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint generally used for home walls will encounter some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their modern appearance. Typical wall paints may not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended drying and curing times than those usually used on walls.
How can I choose a painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to uncover the most suitable one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of work. A good place to begin is by understanding exactly what aesthetic you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their prior work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and skill. Dependable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a set budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate largely. Check that any painter you hire provides documentation of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project begins that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Is the difficult prep phase a necessity prior to painting all cabinets?
It's always enticing to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and its components, such as doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also reach any edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in some cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only chip away and require repainting sooner than expected.
What things are considered when it comes to establishing price of painting cabinets?
There are many things that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Bellevue, IA, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters may charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job finished.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Find a Cabinet Painter in Bellevue, IA Who Can Bring Your Ideas to Life
An exceptional way to boost the appeal of your house and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and provide a new look that will suit your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Bellevue, IA fluctuates, but some customers have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors like the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the environment when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your existing cabinets may be in fair enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
When looking for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A reliable contractor will be willing to show you a history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the project is finished. Locate all important information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Bellevue, IA easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.