Find a pro in Conesville, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Conesville, Iowa
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Conesville, Iowa. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.