Find a pro in Corning, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Corning, IA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Corning, IA, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.