Find a pro in Eldridge, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Eldridge, Iowa
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Eldridge, Iowa, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.