Find a pro in Gowrie, Iowa
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Gowrie, IA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Gowrie, IA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.